Good Morning my lovely friends!
Do you remember when did you start cooking?
I mean proper cooking not just Maggi!
Well I do, as I started just 3years back
when I came to California after our Wedding.
Initially it was more of learning to cook.
Always helped by my Moms (Mom+MIL) over Skype,
My SIL & a sister here and of course Cooking Websites!
Now since I know all basic cooking, I try to try at least one new dish every week. So I just thought of posting those recipes on Designing Life too, after all DL is all about design, home and lifestyle!
Starting with one of my all time favorite and quick to cook, PASTA!
- Penne Pasta – 16 oz (approx 500 g)
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 4 large cloves, roughly chopped
- Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 large, sliced
- Bell Pepper – 2, sliced (your choice of color, I love Red)
- Tomato – 1 large, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Fresh Basil/Tulsi – 5-6 leaves
- Boil the Pasta with water and salt and cook them.
- Once cooked, drain and keep aside.
- In a wok style pan/normal non-stick pan, add in the Olive Oil and the Garlic and heat over medium flame.
- Once warm, add in the Italian Seasoning by rubbing it between your palms.
- Add in the Onions, mix and allow them to cook for a minute.
- Add in the sliced Bell Peppers and mix well.
- Increase the flame to high and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add Salt mix well.
- Add in the chopped Tomatoes cook for another minute.
- Add in the Pasta and start mixing again.
- Also add in the Lemon Juice and cook till the Pasta is heated all the way through.
- Last but not the least, garnish with torn up Basil Leaves.
You may also add: Artichokes, Sun dried Tomatoes and Shredded Parmesan Cheese and Red Chilly Flakes to taste.
Enjoy your Pasta!
share your recipes with Designing Life HERE