Monday, February 2, 2015

Minestrone Soup

Minestrone is a thick Italian soup made with vegetables, with addition of pasta. Common ingredients include beans, onions, tomatoes and vegetables. There is no set recipe for minestrone, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables are in season. It can be vegetarian or contain meat. 
I love vegetables and soup as much as I love chicken. Recently I got a very easy & quick recipe of this soup from a friend, thanks AT of 'TummyTimes' blog. Note: I used pressure cooker for this soup.

INGREDIENTS:
(for me, everything was 'as per taste'; no set measurements)
Italian Seasoning

Basil; Fresh Basil leaves are better

Finely Chopped Tomatoes; LOTS, this is like the base

Finely Chopped Onions

Chopped Zucchini 

Chopped Celery

Corns; I used frozen, you may use fresh too

Pre-Boiled Kidney Beans; I like it slightly over-cooked

Pre-Boiled Pasta

Salt & Pepper to taste

note: you may add more vegetables like beans, carrot, cauliflower, etc. I had just these in my kitchen.

METHOD:

In the pressure cooker, add 1tsp of olive oil and heat it.
Add italian seasoning, sauté for 15seconds.
Add chopped onions, basil and tomatoes; sauté till tomatoes start turning soft.
Add vegetables, beans, salt and pepper; mix well.
Add water (according to your desired thickness) and close the lid.
Switch off the stove after 1 whistle.
Once the cooker is cooled down and steam is gone, add pasta and adjust seasonings as per taste.
Serve hot with toasted bread or croutons.


Packed with vegetables, beans and pasta, this soup is a meal in itself. We enjoyed it with 'cheese & garlic croutons' from Trader Joe's
***************************

Hope you enjoyed!
Share your recipes with us HERE

1 comment:

speak your heart!!