Sunday, February 1, 2015

finally APPE in an appe pan!!

Hello my friends!
Ok I admit I am not regular in postings...sorry for that!
I am trying my best to be regular.. *true*

Well these days I am hooked to a Facebook Group, 'Euphoric Delights'.
It is a food group and I highly recommend you all to join it if you are a foodie and love to cook!

I have been reading a lot and I really mean A LOT about this cookware (new to me) called 'Appe Pan' or 'Appam Patra' or 'Puff Pancake Pan' (in USA). After reading and seeing pictures of delicious 'NO OIL' recipes made in this pan, I had to get one for myself. Till now I used it to make 'no-oil/fry vadas' for Dahi Vada and 'no-oil/fry koftas' for Lauki Kofta. Finally today I made Appe using appe-pan! And trust me it was delicious, healthy and light perfect for Brunch!.
I highly recommend this pan and make these delicious appe, vadas, koftas and more!! Sharing the recipe of Appe.

INGREDIENTS:

1. Idli Batter, store bought/home-made
I used Shashtha Foods batter from Indian Store

2. I mixed in chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander and grated ginger.
You may add any/more vegetable/s of your choice like bell pepper, beans, carrots, peas, etc...

3. And salt & pepper to taste.

METHOD:

Chop the veggies and mix well in batter with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile pre-heat your pan just by keeping it on medium heat.

Pour batter with spoon, no need to fill it till top. 
Batter will rise, pour as per your desired size

Turn gently after 5-10min 
(every stove is different, keep an eye on yours)

Should look similar to this when cooked

ta-da!! Yummy hot Appe!

We enjoyed these with green-coriander and Tamarind Chutney

Hope you liked the recipe and will enjoy too!
**************************************************

Share your recipes with us HERE

1 comment:

  1. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: 247officedept@gmail.com thank you. 

    ReplyDelete

speak your heart!!