Friday, March 6, 2015

HAPPY HOLI!! Homemade Chemical-free Holi Colors

Holi is one of my favorite festivals! And this year it's even more special as it's my little Cupcake's first Holi.
Yes! I am a new mom! And that is why I have been away/slow from blogging world.
This is her first Holi and I don't want keep her away from colors but also was concerned about the chemicals used in that as she is too young for those. Finally came across this Homemade Chemical-free Holi Colors by TK @Euphoric Delight.

INGREDIENTS:


3 tbsp All Purpose Flour/Maida
1 tbsp Corn Starch
1 tbsp Food Color (gel form)

6-8 Drops of Astringent 

METHOD:

I used disposable bowls

In a bowl mix all purpose flour + corn starch + food color by hand (use gloves if you don't want color on your palm). Mix well till color is evenly mixed. Add 4-5 drops of astringent and mix again. Astringent helps darkening the color. Mix it well, no lumps. If needed add more and again mix well. Once you get evenly colored powder and astringent evaporates, your homemade color is ready!!

PS - I also further sieved the color to make really smooth powder.

colors done!

Final Result after sieving 

Enjoy Holi!!
*********************
Share your festive ideas with us HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your heart!!